My 2 Cents: For all you boaters out there that want to go green or just want to be a little stealthy while fishing this might be worth a look…does not look too shabby either. This seems like a obvious application for solar cells but it would definitely suck getting stuck in the shade 😉
There aren’t many sorts of vehicles that haven’t been solarized, but it looks like Dutch company Czeers has managed to find one, with it now showing off what it claims to be the world’s first solar powered speedboat. Dubbed the MK1, the solar panel-ensconced vessel can apparently reach a top speed of 30 knots (or roughly 35 miles per hour), all the while operating in relative silence. The company doesn’t seem to have overlooked the other parts of the boat either, with it also boasting touchscreen-based control system and a suitably luxurious leather interior. No word on a possible price or release date just yet, naturally, but you can catch a glimpse of it in action in the video after the break.
- Digicel launching ZTE’s Coral-200-Solar phone in emerging markets – Engadget
- Benefits add up for water-powered calculator | Crave, the gadget blog – CNET
- Devotec’s portable Solar Charger is minuscule, pretty cheap
- Hands on with the Devotec Solar Charger : Boy Genius Report
- Sony’s PS3 Virtual World "Home" Plagued By Sex Fiends (Video) (SNE)