My 2 Cents: For the true boNd in yoU ;O)
(Credit: Aston Martin/Jaeger-LeCoultre)
As if Aston Martin DBS owners don’t feel enough like James Bond while driving, Aston Martin and luxury watchmaker Jaeger-LeCoultre have announced the AMVOX2 DBS transponder watch. The transponder watch will allow wannabe-007s to lock and unlock their DBS coupe by pressing the open and close positions respectively on the watch’s glass.
The wristwatch features a prominent DBS logo, as well as bezel and dial details designed to reflect the gauges of the DBS. Aston Martin says the transponder module only adds a few grams to the weight of the watch and that the electronics inside have been shrunk to half the size of the same system in the DBS key.
For security and safety purposes, the transponder system can only be paired to the DBS at the dealership.
The AMVOX2 DBS transponder watch will be available in titanium or a very un-James-Bond pink gold this December and should add a whopping 27,500 euros (about $41,000) to the DBS’s $262,000 suggested retail price.
As much as we like the idea of keyless entry hidden in a slick-looking watch, it’d be nice if the watch included more advanced smart-key tech, such as proximity detection or keyless start, or more 007-worth features, such as a laser cutter or remote detonator.
(Credit: Aston Martin)
- Video: Digital Cowboy’s spy pen camcorder – Engadget
- Lamborghini builds a family wagon | Car Tech: An automotive blog from CNET – CNET Reviews
- New Xbox 360 dashboard coming November 19th
- Apple TV – Might not be a bad buy afterall – aTV Flash goes commercial: plug-and-play hacks for your
- De Grisogono Meccanico DG all-mechanical digital watch – Engadget