My 2 Cents: Now this is for you morning people that want to bring a little more excitement to breakfast. I really think that this is a really cool idea and would love to see this on in action ;O)
Many things have appeared on toast: Marmite, Vegemite, jam and even Cylons. Now a designerâ€™s invented a toaster that can burn pretty much anything onto your morning slice, including the news.
The Scan Toaster: toasts news, weather and pictures onto your bread
The Scan Toaster connects to a PC over USB and downloads everything from local weather conditions and the current time to the morningâ€™s news headlines.
Individual modules (left) are heated and moved about (center) to create the on-toast image
Inside the toaster is a network of toasting â€śmodulesâ€ť, each heated by a hot wire. Each module can move by 30Â° and, once the user selects what they want on their toast – excluding a topping, of course – the modules align themselves and burn the appropriate content onto the bread.
The appliance is a finalist in design competition run by manufacturer Electrolux and designer Sung Bae Chang said he got the idea whilst – you guessed it – making some toast.
No plans to manufacture the toaster on a mass scale have popped up yet
- Cuba ends ban on DVD player, computer sales – Engadget
- Google made deal with Life mag: awesome pics
- Proposed anti-piracy strategy grants authorities almost unlimited powers to invade citizens privacy
- Interactive Mirror dazzles onlookers, never lies
- Demo: Plastic Logic’s plastic reader is thin, simple, strong