My 2 Cents: Now this is the stuff that scares the crap out of me ;O(
DAMN THE MAN Read
What can we say about RFIDs that hasn’t already made you afraid? Your passport? Clonable. Your work ID and “secure” credit cards? Yeah, those too. Not scary enough? How about every adult New Yorker walking around with one in their back pocket? It’s just a matter of time, as the Empire State’s clearly enhanced drivers licenses (says so right on ’em) are now hitting the streets. For $30 on a new one, or $10 if you’re looking to upgrade, you can get yourself a radio-wave emitting ID, enabling you to cross the border into Mexico, Canada, or the Caribbean sans-passport. Don’t worry, the cards won’t be broadcasting any personal information — just a unique code that the government can use to track your every movement.
- BestBuy gives away $10m to HDDVD buyers
- 700MHz auction comes to a $19.6B finish, winners still not revealed – Engadget
- Microsoft says XP is definitely dead in June, Dell says it’ll keep installing it
- The House unanimously passes cellphone unlocking bill, Obama need only to sign it into law
- Proposed anti-piracy strategy grants authorities almost unlimited powers to invade citizens privacy