My 2 Cents: This is for all ya RIMM jobs out thereâ€¦seems that a little more info about the next-gen BLACKBERRY device is out on the web. Seems that there has been a frenzy of cellular updates this month especially with the news of Google’s Android platform which I am too excited to get my hands onâ€¦.
Wow, are you readers ever good! Minutes ago I received an email containing two photos of the 9500 Series Job Aid which proves once and for all that there are indeed two variants of the Storm that have been talked about so much, especially in the past week.
The image with the specs is rather small (donâ€™t complain, itâ€™s a spy shot!), but it is good enough to make out that there is not only a North American version of the Storm destined for Verizon and possibly Bell, but a pure GSM device destined for Vodafone in Europe.
Since Iâ€™ve already told you the specs for the North American variant, here is what I can gather from the European model.
- 7.2 mbps HSDPA/UMTS (2100/1900/850 MHz)
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- 1GB of memory, 192MB RAM
- 1400 mAhr battery. Standby time: 528 hours
- MicroUSB port
- MicroSD and MicroSDHC expandable up to 8GB
- 3.2 megapixel camera, flash, 2.5x digital zoom, auto focus, and image stabilization
- Video capture. Normal mode (480Ă—320) and MMS mode (176Ă—144)
- Assisted GPS – Enhanced version of GPS that performs at a faster speed
One more picture after the break.
- Verizon Blackberry Storm talking points slip out
- Bob Marley (Jamaica) Curve 8900 & Bold 9000 Theme [8 mini hidden icon w/today display] v3 | v4 [Free]
- BlackBerry Storm Buyers Returning Phones En Masse? (RIMM)
- Verizon officially debuts RIM BlackBerry Storm
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX500 features touchscreen, 720p movie mode – Engadget