My 2 Cents: This is some great news for all ya that have been wanted to get a Android phone [G1] but did not want to sign-up with T-Mobileâ€¦Seems like unlock-tmobileg1.com has answered your prayers :O) And the best part is you dont have to hack it like in the case of the iPhoneâ€¦
(Credit: Android Community)
So let’s say you want the fancy G1, the T-Mobile phone that runs Android, the Google OS, but you don’t want to use it on T-Mobile. Let’s say you wanted to use it on AT&T. We have good news for you.
The G1 has finally been unlocked. For $22.99, you can send in your IMEI number to unlock-tmobileg1.com, which then returns an unlock code for you to enter. Once done, you can use the much-talked-about smartphone on any GSM network.
It’s pricier than most GSM unlocks, which usually go for between $10 and $15, but it’s far easier and less risky than the unlock methods employed by iPhone owners.
- Vijay Samtani – Google+ – I can’t believe that my provider said that I should just…
- GPhone As Good As iPhone, Says Gadget King
- Ring in the New Year with an unlocked iPhone 3G courtesy of the iPhone Dev Team : Boy Genius Report
- This Winter’s Smartphone Wars Are Set: Who’s Going To Win? (AAPL, RIMM)
- Incase Power Slider for iPhone 3G doubles the juice, lets you sync