My 2 Cents: Looks like there is a new kid on the block..or will be soon. If you guys are as excited as I am about Android this should be a nice little surprise for ya especially since its coming from such a no-name company :O) Will have to see how it actually performs before making any quick judgment callsâ€¦
We’ll be totally honest — we pretty much blew Ruslan Kogan off when he proclaimed that he was about to push out a $199 Android phone by the year’s end. And truthfully, the guy still hasn’t totally delivered, but you won’t find us kvetching about more Googlephones, regardless of MSRP.
The Agora (AU$299; US$192) and Agora Pro (AU$399; US$256) are available for pre-order as we speak, though neither one is scheduled to ship out until the end of January. For those unfamiliar with Kogan, it’s an online-only enterprise that has wares built specifically to its dimensions in China, and so far as we can tell, it’s as legit as they come.
As for specs, the Agora packs a 2.5-inch touchscreen (320 x 240), 3G networking, a backlit QWERTY keyboard, Bluetooth 2.0 and a microSD card slot; the Pro adds in GPS, 2-megapixel camera and WiFi. So, with unsubsidized prices this low, are you willing to take a chance?
- Verizon Blackberry Storm talking points slip out
- Inngenio 6000 PMP does 2.8-inches of touchscreen on the cheap – Engadget
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX500 features touchscreen, 720p movie mode – Engadget
- RIM developing "Apple Killer" touchscreen BlackBerry?
- Soundstream’s X-ITE MP28 codec-happy touchscreen player – Engadget