My 2 Cents: If you were thinking of waiting a little longer before you get your very own iPhone here are a couple of reasons why you should wait :O) It is a little crazy that some of these issues have not been addressed by now?
Look, we love our iPhones as much as the person, but at this late point in the game, there are some things that are just inexcusable. Hereâ€™s our top 10 things we hate about the iPhone, and weâ€™ll post up our top 10 things we hate about the Bold later on. Feel free to chime in with your own! Also note that weâ€™re talking about the iPhone in its default state, not a jailbreaked unit. Hereâ€™s our list in no particular order:
1. You canâ€™t use custom sounds for email notifications, SMS, etc.
2. Copy and paste. Sorry, but itâ€™s ridiculous at this point.
3. When forwarding an email with an attachment, the iPhone sends it out locally. That means if you have a 1MB attachment, you have to send 1MB worth of data when forwarding. This doesnâ€™t happen on Windows Mobile or the BlackBerry â€” itâ€™s sent from the server. Not cool.
4. No unified inbox. At this point, thereâ€™s no reason you should have to go through the rigmarole of switching through tabs and endless menus to get to another email inbox. Cut this down, give us color-coded emails that correspond with that particular account â€” something!
5. Video recording. Again, itâ€™s technically possible, but we donâ€™t have it.
6. The touch screen capture button in the Camera application is horrid. Letâ€™s use one of the volume keys or something to take a picture. Itâ€™s not a good setup.
7. You canâ€™t forward text messages. Something that is a no-brainer just isnâ€™t here.
8. There isnâ€™t a way to delete individual calls from the recent call list. Not that we need to hide anything from our girlfriends or anythingâ€¦
9. No file structure that is user-accessible. That means you canâ€™t save any attachment that isnâ€™t a photo, you canâ€™t download files from websites, etc. Additionally, each application can only access its own file structure so you can forget about doing anything sexy.
10. The push-background notification service is still nowhere to be found.
- Refurbished iPhones are an excellent source of previous users’ data
- My Top 10 Paid Apps – iPhone
- A must have app for your JailBroken iPhone – ProSwitcher: Multitasking iPhone App for Jailbroken iPhones is Now Available – iPhone Hacks
- Palm for iPhone: StyleTap’s Palm OS emulator officially coming to iPhone and iPod touch
- Video: iSwish puts the iPhone UI on any Windows Mobile phone