My 2 Cents: I just don’t know why but i love seeing these new technologies come into the market all of them trying to be the best at Multi-Touch. In my mind the one that moves ahead will not only be because of the hardware but also the software that it is run on.
A new touch-screen tabletop computer display brings together the unlikely combination of technologies popularized by Apple and Microsoft.
It’s called the Scalable Multitouch display, and its touch technology is similar to the iPhone, but it would scale up from handheld device size to dimensions more like those of Microsoft’s Surface. The prototype measures just 19 inches right now, but it aspires to cover an entire 50-inch tabletop one day.
- Surfacescapes puts Dungeons & Dragons on Surface, makes your d20 obsolete (video)
- Microsoft’s SideSight: Something Apple Should Watch
- Displax introduces new projective capacitive touchscreen buzzword at the same time
- Neiman Marcus to sell Perceptive Pixel’s Interactive Media Wall: yours for $100k
- MIT’s 6th Sense device could trump Apple’s multitouch | Crave – CNET