My 2 Cents: If you are a gamer this is a service that i am dying to try….i know that it sounds too good to be true, but if it is…too nice. They are still in beta but hopefully it will be up and running soon :O)
Sure, OnLive has already done live demos of its "cloud gaming" service, but it never hurts to get another comprehensive 48-minute video on the subject. In a presentation at Columbia University, CEO Steve Perlman goes over the nitty gritty of how game streaming works, the OnLive user interface (11:53), an inevitable Crysis Wars demo (16:35), Brag Clips (17:49), and of course the iPhone app (19:31). Though cellphone integration is still limited to primarily spectating and social networking functions, PCs and Macs can get gaming via a 1MB browser plugin, or you can grab the microconsole streaming box for your TV, which Steve suggests might be given away for free with OnLive subscriptions. If you have any more unaswered questions, check out the audience Q&A at 33:14, and the full vid awaits after the break.
- Netflix To Offer ‘Streaming Only" Plans
- Grooveshark Online Music Streaming
- Xbox Experience now available to all who signed up, Netflix HD streams too
- Who’s On Buzzy Facebook-For-Mobile Upstart Loopt? A Bunch Of Dudes, Of Course (AAPL)
- How to Watch Netflix (or any other US based service) Abroad, Watch Netflix Outside the USA – Paid Service