My 2 Cents: Unless this mew version includes some serious changes (i.e. OLED) I am not sure that the big deal of having 3G
The 3G iPhone will be announced June 9, the likely date of Apple CEO Steve Jobsâ€™ keynote at the companyâ€™s Worldwide Developers Conference, analysts said in research notes on Thursday. The 3G iPhone will be the â€śfirst of an impressive wave of new productsâ€ť from Apple, wrote Citi analysts Richard Gardner and Yeechang Lee. They also expect an updated Mac laptop and iPod lines. The Apple conference is scheduled for June 9-13 in San Francisco. In addition to a 3G iPhone release in early June, the 2.5G model could have a â€śminor casing changeâ€ť and a price drop to between US$299 and $349, compared to the current $399, wrote Shaw Wu, an analyst with American Technology Research, in a research report.
Those predictions are consistent with a February prediction Gardner made that 3G iPhones will be announced by midyear. The 3G iPhone release will help Apple meet its target of shipping 10 million iPhones in 2008, Gardner wrote at the time. Apple is confident it will sell 10 million iPhones this year, officials said during a conference call on Wednesday to discuss the companyâ€™s second-quarter earnings. Apple sold more iPhones than expected during the quarter and iPhone inventories were not enough to meet the strong demand.
- Apple considers unlimited iTunes downloads
- Carleton University Newsroom » News Archive » Carleton engineering student creates innovative invention to prolong battery life
- Grooveshark Online Music Streaming
- Ring in the New Year with an unlocked iPhone 3G courtesy of the iPhone Dev Team : Boy Genius Report
- Microsoft says XP is definitely dead in June, Dell says it’ll keep installing it