My 2 Cents: This is for all ya PSP & PS3 owners out thereâ€¦seems that here is new NEW firmware update that might be worth a download. It seems to fix a bunch of issues people have been having as well as add the ability to join the PlayStation Networkâ€¦PlayStation STORE. If you have not already done so it might be a good idea to updateâ€¦UNLESS YOU SRE RUNNING A HACKED VERSION THEN YOU MIGHT WANT TO WAIT ;O)
The recently-announced PSP firmware 5.00 is now available for download. Just hit Network Update on your PSP, or download it here and copy it to your Memory Stick (it should look like this: X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP). This update includes:
- The [PlayStaiton Network] category has been added, and [PlayStation Store] is now available under this category.
- PlayStation format software can now be output in interlace format on a connected device.
- PlayStation format software can now be output in full-screen size on a connected device.
- The sleep timer feature can now be used under [Music].
- The system will automatically change to USB mode when a USB Cable is connected.
- The [Original] theme has been redesigned.
Ladies and gentlemen of the Western Hemisphere, start your PlayStation 3s. Sony has released released firmware 2.50, which as we told you yesterday. The update includes support for the official PS3 bluetooth adapter, automatic shutdown after downloading, Flash 9 support and more. No word on PSP firmware 5.0, also expected today, but we’ve fired up our handhelds just in case. SCE