My 2 Cents: I have been looking for a good media streamer for the iPhone for a while now that would play any format and not just the standard *.mp4. The best part of this app is really in the most current version…”Live Conversion”…which works actually damn well. Feel bad that I was not able to include this in my top 10 but it is defiantly a must app to have.
Air Video allows you to stream videos to your iPhone/iPod touch over Wi-Fi. You don’t need to copy the videos to the device.
If the videos in your collection are not in format supported by iPhone, Air Video will convert them on fly*. You don’t need to wait until the entire video is converted. You can start watching it almost immediately!
The free server software (for both Mac OS X Leopard and Microsoft Windows) needed to stream and convert the videos can be downloaded at http://www.inmethod.com/air-video
If you have any trouble getting Air Video working please contact us. We reply to every email message we get. Asking for help in customer reviews is unlikely to get your problem resolved because we have no way to contact you.
* Live conversion requires firmware 3.0.
New in this version * Live Conversion!
* Major rewrite
* Stability and performance improvements
* Option to reset video size settings
* Improved compatibility with firmare 3.0.1
- Official Gmail Blog: Really new in Labs this time: SMS Text Messaging for chat
- Hulu iPhone App Coming Soon, ‘Badass’
- How to Watch Netflix (or any other US based service) Abroad, Watch Netflix Outside the USA – Paid Service
- YouTube will stream full episodes of TV shows
- Truphone releases beta VoIP app for BlackBerry